New e.l.f Studio Brushes

So I know I said I was on a no-makeup buy….. but technically, I didn’t buy makeup! Just makeup tools. ;)

Today, I bought two of the new e.l.f. Studio Brushes, the Mineral Powder Brush (at Walmart for $3) and the Small Tapered Brush (at Walmart for $3). If you look at my makeup collection, you’ll know that I LOVE the e.l.f.Studio line. I almost shop exclusively in their Studio line because I’ve always had rotten luck with their Essential line, both online and in store. I haven’t been disappointed by any e.l.f.Studio product as of yet! Which is really awesome and exciting for my wallet.

So here, we have the packaging:
image
image

It’s your typical e.l.f.packaging, and the brushes both come with slips/brush guards (which I don’t use and throw away immediately after opening).

As for the brushes, they’re beautiful!

image

They’re extremely soft! Softer than some of the other e.l.f. studio brushes that I’ve purchased before. They’re as soft as, say, the It cosmetics brushes, which are pretty damn soft.

image
image

Although the Mineral Powder brush seems to be more dense than the Small Tapered brush, the Mineral Powder is much fluffier and allows for a more diffused application, whereas the Small Tapered brush is surprisingly dense, and allows for a much more direct application given its size.

image

The Mineral Powder brush seems like a smaller version of the e.l.f. Complexion brush (here for $3), and a bigger version of the e.l.f. Flawless Concealer brush (here for $3). Both of which I actually own, but are not pictured because of how absolutely filthy they are (sorry!). I’ve been using this to apply really pigmented blushes, i.e. the Wet N Wild Color Icon blushes or the NYX HD blushes. Although small and seemingly directional, this brush has been surprising amazing at blending out harsh application.

image

The Small Tapered Brush is a dupe for the Real Techniques Setting Brush (here for $8). It is slightly flatter when turned onto its side, as shown in the image above, so it’s conducive for patting on powders. I’ve been using mine for setting my under-eye concealer as well as for applying highlighter. So far, so good!

The Small Tapered seems to actually be a small version of the e.l.f. Blush brush:
image
image
image
image

The only difference between these brushes, besides size, is the softness of the Small Tapered brush, as far as I can tell. You can see that I really abuse the blush brush because of how faded the hairs are - I wash my brushes a LOT. I just really enjoy this brush and am considering buying another one!

So overall… I LOVE these brushes. I would definitely re-buy. If you are just getting into makeup, I suggest you purchase these brushes because they’re inexpensive and are fantastic. I’m thinking about ordering the e.l.f. Studio Ultimate Blending brush (here for $6), the e.l.f. Studio Contouring brush (here for $6), and the e.l.f. Studio Blending brush (here for $3).

Thank you so much for reading!

Xoxo, Kassy

No comments:

Post a Comment