Hello! It’s been a while since my last post! Thank you to those who have viewed my page and emailed  me! Please don't be shy to comment on my page - I would love to hear from you all and chat about beauty products! :)
Here are my four favorite drugstore contours thus far:


From left to right, we’ve got the Milani Even-Touch Powder Foundation in the color 06 Caramel (here for $9), the NYX Nude Mattes Eyeshadow in Bare It All (here for $5), theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer (here for $20), and the NYX Hot Singles Eyeshadow in Happy Hour (here for $5).


In comparison, the Milani Even-Touch Powder Foundation in 06 Caramel seems downright orange, though when photographed individually, it appears to be a cooler toned brown, despite the red undertone. I reserve this powder for the warmer months, when I’m at my darkest. My skin-tone tends to lean more ashen the darker I get, so I like this powder because it also works as a bronzer to warm my face up. Bonus? No glitter, and a little added coverage. Application is smooth and the powder is buttery, and the product is extremely blendable. The only issue I would have is that it is not buildable. I seem to only be able to add one pigmented “layer”; when I try to add more, I veer into Oompa Loompa territory. 


This next contour might very well be the exact opposite of the Milani ETPF; it is an extremely cool-toned brown, leaning gray. It is the NYX Nude Mattes Eyeshadow in Bare It All. I reserve this for the extreme contour, where placement becomes direct and strategic. This eyeshadow does kick up a bit of product, but is absolutely pigmented, and will take forever to blend onto your cheekbones. Start slow, and build. Once blended, the product looks smooth and casts the most natural shadow because of the gray undertone.


This bronzer, the ellusive Bahama Mama, has been getting a LOT of hype on Youtube. I’m not sure if theBalm is a drugstore brand, but I decided to include it because I love it so much. It is the perfect bronzer - warm with a diffused application, and ashy and blendable with more direct application. For the slightly higher price tag, I believe this product is absolutely worth it, and I have yet to find the drugstore equivalent.


The last “contour” is the NYX Hot Singles eyeshadow in Happy Hour. A cool-toned brown, very blendable, and pigmented. This can be used any time of the year, for anything ranging from defined contours, to more diffused ones. Thisis probably my favorite drugstore contour - so much so that I own two of them. I have this crazy fear that all my favorite products will disappear, especially drugstore products, even if they’re popular, and even if they’re labeled as part of the permanent collection. I’m crazy like that. 
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post! Thank you SO much for reading!
Xoxo, Kassy

No comments:

Post a Comment